Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Public Gardens_Zakim bridge

One night I rode my bike to the Boston Public Gardens and took some shots.  Then I rode my bike toward the Zakim bridge, which was part of the Big Dig project, to take some more shots.  Of course, the images below are my favorites.

It was during last summer, and was a beautiful, warm night to add to the pleasure of being outdoors.


Boston Public Gardens walkways.

The brink of nighttime was upon me and I took a picture of some of the pathways leading toward Arlington St. with the John Hancock tower beyond.  After taking several shots I veered off along the water and came upon the Lagoon bridge. 




The Lagoon Bridge.



Ether Monument_John Quincy Adams Ward.
Before crossing over the bridge I decided to back track a little bit to see if there was any other good shots I could take.  I came across this monument lit all nicely and took some pictures.  The light protruding onto the monument caught my attention and so I took some shots of it.  I liked this one the best.  Although, I did take some close-ups of it, I feel this one showing the surrounding paths adding a little more than just the monument was the way to go.




Equestrain Statue of George Washington.




Equestrain Statue of George Washington.
I took a shot of the Washington Statue setting the moon just in front of it.  I felt this came out well with the location of the moon sparkling in front.  It just added to the picture.




Stood on a barricade right above Interstate 93 to take this shot.




Shot of the Zakim bridge from Charlestown bridge.
While crossing over the Charlestown bridge I set up my tripod, praying the vibrations from trucks and buses driving by weren't going to shake my tripod.  I shot this photo, on this beautiful night, stars sparkling, lights shinning upon the bridge and river.  This came out just the way I wanted it too.



Paul Revere Park with Zakim bridge beyond.




Stairway down to Paul Revere Park.




Shot from a parking lot.


For awhile I've wanted to take some photos of the Boston Public Gardens and the Zakim bridge during nighttime and finally did it.  I took several photos and had fun doing it at different angles.  I will thoroughly  enjoy the next time I go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment