Thursday, January 26, 2012

Animals

On one of my days off I wanted to go take some photos of animals. So I wandered around the Boston Commons eventually making my way to the Public Gardens.  I not only observed but communicated with the animals. I was in the middle of birds chirping, swans chasing the ducks, squirrels eating peanuts and running up the trees.


Sunbathing
I really enjoyed how this picture came out with the sun shinning upon the duck's face.  The background being as dark as it is really makes the image pop out.




Calling out


Love birds



Eating my snack, do you mind?



Eating a Snack




Still Eating a Snack




Having a little drink




Peek Aboo




Enjoying the sun




Posing for a pic




Hide and Seek
Watching the squirrels run around up and down trees, jumping from branch to branch was a joy but I kept my eye on this one, a little less inactive but I was curious.  He seemed to be watching me, keeping an eye on me like I wasn't to be trusted for whatever reason.





Take your pic already!!!




Having Lunch
This little guy came right up to greet me and eat a peanut he found.  I was impressed by how fearless he/she was.  I was about 15 feet from him taking pictures and knelt down to take more only to have him approach me and say "hi".

To conclude, one thing, one very important thing to note is, not to interfere with the animals environment to not scare them, to welcome them instead.  I got some pretty good pictures by being patient and just watching them around there natural habitat.  But, being patient and welcoming is key, so they don't run or fly off to other places.  It's also not fair to them as well if you chase, or scare them.



1 comment:

  1. This blog post of yours is my favorite so far love! You are really getting strong in your discriptions of things, I love the stories you tell, with both your words and your photographs. Beautiful hun. Love it, love it , love it :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete